Idols. One of the most verstile pieces of our arsenal. In this bit of chatter, I'll cover some idols best used for just about any healing, with some tidbits on good ones for raiders.
Now for a Dreamstater, it's pretty simple.
- Idol of the Avian Heart - Increases HT by 136. Drops from Moroes in Karazhan.
But for the rest of us Trees, or for Dreamstaters who like variety, there is an insane amount of amazing idols:
- Idol of the Emerald Queen - Periodically increase LB by 88. This affects every tick, and the coefficient for calculating that healing is a bit different than most. First boss, Shadow Labs. This is a MUST for all druids.
- Harold's Rejuvenating Broach - Increases the healing done by Rejuv for 86. A nice quest reward from Nagrand Nesingwary kills. Definitely a must have for idol switches with your Queen for raid heals.
Now for some nice ones you may need as you progress into deeper raiding (T6/Sunwell):
- Idol of the Raven Goddess - ToL aura increase by 44. Epic flight form quest reward, and so worth it. If you are a tree, in the MT group, and the tanks have 2+ healers on them, this is excellent for bosses with high damage. Pro-Sunwell, Pro-Illidan/Mother Shaz/RoS/BB type encounters.
- Idol of the Cresent Goddess - Decreases the cost of Regrowth. Not a must have, but could be helpful in Sunwell. Drops from Hydross in SSC.
- Idol of Budding Life - Decreases the cost of Rejuv. Not a must have, but could be nice. Judges still out if this is better than Harold's. Badge buy.
Now about those idols from PVP. There is a reason they are sold for PVP...that is pretty much the only place to use them. In the long term, Emerald's outheals a PVP idol regardless of season bought, in PVE fights.
What's this about Idol switching? Oh yes, this is keen! You can do a couple things for switches. First you can attach the switch to a spell cast macro, but this doesn't work best for the GCD. You could create a macro to switch idols. Here's the example text to add to a macro:
/equip [noequipped:Idol of the Emerald Queen]Idol of the Emerald Queen